Forget all the other races this weekend. Even if they were bigger, more competitive, and more prestigious. Obviously all anyone cares about is the eagerly anticipated Golden Girls Challenge, which was contested at the Vassar Medical Center Duathlon. City Coachers Shane Neil, Paul Santini, Danny Artiga, Helene Roth and I fought it out in a small field. When the dust settled, all of us finished in the top 12 and all came home with hardware. The order of finish was:
- Jonathan Cane - 5th place male, 1st place 40-49 AG
- Shane Neil - 8th place male, 3rd place 30-39 AG
- Danny Artiga - 9th place male, 2nd place 40-49 AG
- Paul Santini - 10th place male, 1st place 18-29 AG
- Helene Roth - 2nd place female
Photos are still being added to the gallery .
As for the wagering, I managed to come closest with my bet. Rather than having my morals called into question, I will donate the entire sum collected to the National Brain Tumor Society in memory of Kathleen Lewis.
After the race, the group made the all-important stop at IHOP where we scared the women and children by consuming mass quantities. All in all it was a good time with good friends. Congrats and thanks to all.