Saturday marked the end of the Run for the Rabbit campaign, as the six runners each completed the Hamptons Marathon. The six runners - Ali, Kim, Cipriana, Margaret, Ben and Anthony - have all trained with me for the last six month, since the big announcement at the NY Running Show. It was a very rewarding program for me, and I hope that it was equally satisfying for the runners and JackRabbit. The six runners combined to raise over $70,000 for their respective charities, and they all made it to the finish, so I consider it a positive day and a positive program. Here are some details.
- Ben finished his first marathon in 4:00:xx. He ran a smart, disciplined race and finished strong. Ben was racing for Lifebeat.
- Anthony crossed in 4:00:45. This wasn't Anthony's fastest time, but considering the many logistical obstacles that Anthony faced - and the $20,000 he raised for Uniting Against Lung Cancer. - I'd say this was a positive day for him.
- Ali's time was 4:13:37, or approximately one minute per fan she had on the course. This was Ali's first marathon, and she ran smart race. Perhaps that was due to my threats - but whatever it was, I'm pleased with the result. Ali also raised over $20,000 for the Crohn's and Collitis Foundation.
- Kim ran 4:17:03, and was also the winner of the fund raising contest, with over $20,000 going to the Ace in the Hole Foundation.
- Cipriana first marathon took 4:51:37. A year ago Cipriana didn't run. Saturday she became a marathoner. Cipriana raised money for the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation.
- Margaret overcame numerous nagging injuries and finished in 5:14:37, while raising money for Teach for America.
Congratulations to all six runners. Full race results are available here.